FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - A woman was bitten by a police K-9 in the middle of the chaos surrounding Friday's shooting at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
The woman from Georgia was running with a crowd of people in the lower lever of terminal 1 during fears of a second gunman on the airport property.
More News Headlines
- Death penalty charges for accused Fort Lauderdale airport gunman
- Airport shooting survivor says fellow traveler shielded her from bullets
- FBI agents search garbage at Alaska motel where accused FLL gunman was staying
- Crews look to return 23,000 personal items travelers left at Fort…
- Fort Lauderdale airport shooting captured on surveillance video
- Some patients released, others recover at Broward Health after airport shooting
- Good Samaritan finds girl's lost book bag after Fort Lauderdale shooting
Believing it would be a safe spot to hide, the woman jumped into the back of a Broward Sheriff's Office police cruiser, not knowing it was a K-9 unit.
Once inside, the dog bit the woman on a undisclosed part of her body.
BSO says the woman did not suffer serious injuries, but was transported to Memorial Regional Hospital for treatment.