Pet turtle saved from Margate home that had caught fire
Crews extinguished the fire
MARGATE, Fla. – Margate Coconut Creek Fire Rescue crews saved a pet turtle Wednesday who was inside a home when a fire broke out.
Firefighters responded to a home on the 3330 block of Banks Road where they were met with heavy smoke.
After the fire was extinguished the homeowner told firefighters that the family turtle was still inside.
When crews went back inside to examine the home they were able to locate the turtle and rescue it from the hazardous environment.
Copyright 2017 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.