FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Nick Saban was back in familiar territory on Wednesday -- in South Florida on a recruiting trip.
The Alabama coach is fresh off national championship No. 5 at Alabama. He previously won a national title at LSU.
More College Football Headlines
- Hurricanes host North Carolina, Florida State to open 2018 ACC slate
- NCAA says Miami's loss in Orange Bowl counts as home loss
- Clay's Take: Hurricanes 2018 schedule set up for success
- Seminoles face 3 of first 4 ACC opponents on road in 2018
- Stricklin to serve on College Football Playoff selection committee
Saban's helicopter landed at Cardinal Gibbons High School in Fort Lauderdale.
"There's always been a lot of competition here and there's always been a group of players who want to stay home and there's always a group of players who want to go someplace else," the former Miami Dolphins head coach told Local 10 News. "We just know there's a lot of great players here. We've had a lot of great players from this area make great contributions to our success."
Among the former Crimson Tide players to hail from South Florida are wide receivers Amari Cooper, now with the Oakland Raiders, and Calvin Ridley, who recently declared for the NFL draft.
Copyright 2018 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.