Miami Dolphins mum on Chad Johnson's arrest

Dolphins receiver released from jail Sunday

Headline Goes Here

DAVIE, Fla. - Miami Dolphins players were mum about their teammate Chad Johnson's arrest.

Johnson's wife, Evelyn Lozada, said she had a fight with her husband on Saturday evening, resulting in him head butting her. Johnson was arrested for domestic battery.

Head coach Joe Philbin referenced the arrest at the top of his meeting with the media on Sunday.

"Before we get started, I wanted just to let you guys know I have not spoken with Chad Johnson yet. However, I do plan to meet with him in the relatively near future," said Philbin. "Today, I've been focused on the football team, the 89 other players that are here today in meetings and practice. At this point and until I speak with Chad directly, it would be premature for me to make any comments about the situation, so I'm going to leave all comments that regard to Chad and the particular situation at that."

Johnson's teammates had less to say.

"Honestly, I have no idea what's going on. I'm not in charge of that," said Roberto Wallace. "I just do what they tell me. Today, obviously, we're short one receiver, and, so, you know, I was just on that side, taking those reps."

"You know, Chad's gotta handle his business right now," said Richie Incognito. "We just move forward. We just improve every day. We had a great practice out here and he'll be rejoining the team as soon as possible.

Arrest report released

Lozada told police she found a receipt for a box of condoms inside their car's trunk, according to the arrest report.

Johnson became upset, grabbed Lozada and head-butted her on the forehead, causing a cut. Johnson began screaming and Lozada attempted to calm him down. The arrest report states Johnson began screaming "I don't give a ***k!  I don't give a ***k about my career!"

Lozada then reportedly ran away to a neighbor's house to get away from Johnson.

The arrest form states that Johnson began driving through the neighborhood looking for her. Lozada then called police from a neighbor's house.

Police said they saw a 3-inch cut on her head. Lozada was treated at the hospital.

"She had quite a laceration on her forehead," said Davie Police Captain Dale Engle. "Her face was covered in blood, in dry blood and wet blood."

Johnson told police that he and Lozada were arguing in regards to a sales receipt. During the argument, Johnson told police she leaned towards him and they bumped heads, causing the cut on her forehead.

Johnson said he went for a drive trying to give her time to calm down.

The report states Johnson did not have any visible marks or bruises.

Lozada claimed that she did want to press charges.

The wide receiver was released from jail on Sunday afternoon. Johnson's bond was set at $2,500 and the judge ruled that he is not allowed to contact his wife.

As he left jail, Johnson hugged his brother and walked slowly to his car without speaking.

Johnson and Lozada do not have any children together. They have been married since July 4.

Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.