LOS ANGELES - Walt Disney World fans will soon feel the Force at their favorite resort.
Disney CEO Bob Iger says the company will open its Star Wars-themed lands at California's Disneyland and Florida's Walt Disney World in 2019.
- Walt Disney World sets opening date for Pandora: The World of Avatar
- Theme park battle brewing between Disney World and Universal
- Walt Disney World's DisneyQuest to close in July
- Magic Kingdom to offer Disney After Hours event
- Disney World to hold 'Galactic Nights' special event at Hollywood Studios
- Disney World offers ticket discounts for Florida residents
The 14-acre attractions were announced in 2015 and are under construction at the parks. Disney says the lands will include attractions and entertainment alongside aliens and droids. The attractions represent the parks' largest single themed land expansion ever.
Disney's Hollywood Studios will host the land in Central Florida.
During the company's earnings call Tuesday, Iger also set an opening date of May 27 for the new World of AVATAR attraction at Disney World's Animal Kingdom.
The Walt Disney Company is based in Burbank, California.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.