MIAMI -

Firefighters rescued a man from a fire at a scooter repair shop in Miami.

The fire started Monday evening at Astro Choppers and Scooter Repair Shop at 633 NE 79th St.

When firefighters arrived at the scene, they found a canopy-covered workshop engulfed in flames and a man screaming for help inside.

They said a man nearby saw the flames, jumped over the fence and tried to put the fire out with a water hose, but he became trapped in the building.

Firefighters grabbed bolt cutters and rescued the trapped man. He was not hurt.

The fire was quickly extinguished. It caused between $10,000 to $20,000 in damage.

The owner said he closed the shop around 6:30 p.m. Monday night.

The fire was not captured on surveillance cameras.

The same business experienced an arson a year ago. That fire was captured on surveillance video.

Fire investigators plan to review information about the previous fire to determine if they are related.