FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Firefighters have capped a gas leak in Fort Lauderdale that prompted an evacuation Wednesday morning.
Workers were installing water lines in the 900 block of Northeast 16th Avenue when they accidentally struck a one-inch gas line.
The area was temporarily evacuated while firefighters dug in the trench to locate the leak. It was capped in about 30 minutes.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2014 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.