KENDALL, Fla. -

An 11-year-old boy is recovering at Kendall Regional Medical Center after playing the so-called "fire challenge," a game where people douse themselves with alcohol, light themselves on fire and post the video on social media or YouTube.

Derick Robinson told Local 10 News he was playing with his older brother and three other friends Tuesday at their home in Clewiston. Robinson said his cousin showed him a video on Facebook showing a teen lighting himself on fire. Robinson admitted he wanted to try it.

Robinson's mother, Keyesta Pouch, said she was asleep in another room when she heard her son's screams. She said she found him in the shower after having burned himself.

Robinson was rushed to an area hospital and then transferred to the burn unit at Kendall Regional Hospital.

Robinson's message to other kids: Don't play the game.

"Some people die from it, and it (hurts) real bad," he said.