Auction benefiting Gratigny Plateau Park closes with $2,472 bid
2013 LifeSpan Desk Treadmill, Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T auctioned as package
Local 10 teamed up with LifeSpan, a leader in fitness products, and Samsung to auction off an incredible package to raise funds for the construction of Gratigny Plateau Park in Northwest Miami-Dade County.
The auction was a huge success. The winner placed a bid of $2,472.
The auction closed at 6 p.m. on Friday. Auction Company of America hosted the online auction.
One hundred percent of funds raised will go to the Parks Foundation of Miami-Dade and benefit Gratigny Plateau Park.
The package includes the new, 2013 LifeSpan Desk Treadmill and is equipped with:
- A 2.25 HP High Torque motor designed for those using the treadmill desk for up to 6 hours a day
- A sturdy work surface to easily support your electronics devices
- Armrests for stability as you type and write
- A trademark feature which counts and records the number of steps you take and displays them on the console
- An integrated LED digital display which shows steps taken, walking time, calories burned, distance traveled and walking belt speed.
In addition, this new console is Bluetooth-enabled so it can be connected wirelessly to Windows or OS X computer and automatically track results while the person exercises.
The commercial-quality treadmill also comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame and a three year warranty on the motor.
To complete the package, Local 10 arranged for the new Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T to be donated. This computer weighs less than two pounds. It comes with the Windows 8 operating system and features an 11.6 inch LED Full HD screen with 1920 x 1080 resolution, 4GB Standard System Memory and128GB hard drive and keyboard.
Together, the items are valued at more than $3,500.
The Parks Foundation of Miami-Dade was founded in 2004 as a 501(c)3. The Foundation is leading efforts to maintain, improve and expand the assets of Miami-Dade Parks, Recreation and Open Spaces, as well as municipal park systems throughout Miami-Dade County.
If you would like to contribute to be part of this neighborhood revitalization effort, click here to make a tax deductible donation.