MIAMI – At its highest point above Biscayne Bay, the MacArthur Causeway in Miami has a 68-foot clearance. It was there that Miami police officers recently rescued a suicidal man.
The Miami Police Department released a police officer’s Dec. 11 body cam video on Thursday afternoon. It showed the response to the Miami-Watson Island bridge.
“We are not going to let you fall ... I promise you are safe,” a policewoman said as several officers pulled him away from the edge and over the railing.
The man was at Jackson Memorial Hospital where officers said he was getting the help he needs.
- Buying a gun or stockpiling pills
- Withdrawing from social contact
- Having mood swings
- Being preoccupied with death, dying or violence
- Feeling trapped or hopeless
- Increasing use of alcohol or drugs
- Changing normal routine
- Doing risky or self-destructive things
- Giving away belongings or getting affairs in order
- Saying goodbye to people
- Developing personality changes