HOLLYWOOD, Fla. – The Memorial Healthcare System is extending its COVID-19 vaccination rollout to those 65 and older.
The Pfizer-BioNtech vaccinations will be provided by appointment only. The health system is not yet accepting appointments for those younger than 65 with underlying conditions or those who are immunocompromised.
Memorial Healthcare continues to offer vaccinations to its employees and community licensed healthcare professionals, regardless of age or hospital affiliation.
The health system’s expansion of its vaccination plan comes on the heels of Jackson Health System’s announced plan of a new online platform this week for Miami-Dade seniors 65 and older to secure vaccine appointments.
Gov. Ron DeSantis issued an executive order to expand access to seniors from initial priority groups, like frontline healthcare workers and long-term care staff and residents.
On Monday, he publicly put pressure on the hospitals who received their portions of the state’s allocation of doses to move it along or risk a reduction in supply.
“If you have hospitals like Jackson that are meeting or exceeding their targets then we are going to send them more vaccines,” he said. “If you have other hospitals who are sitting on it and not using it, then future distributions will be reduced accordingly - we don’t want vaccines being idle.”
Here is how to make an appointment through Memorial Healthcare:
· Former/current patients of Memorial Healthcare may visit https://mychart.mhs.net. Programmed in your chart is a section titled “appointments” to make an appointment. Choose a date, time and location that is convenient for you.
· Those who have not been a prior patient at Memorial Healthcare may call the health system’s Centralized Scheduling by dialing 954-276-4340 Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The call center is closed on weekends. Be advised that callers may experience longer than normal wait times.
Vaccination sites’ hours of operation:
- Memorial Specialty Pharmacy, 9581 Premier Parkway, Miramar.
Hours: Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Closed on Sundays.
- Memorial Regional Hospital Conference Center, 3501 Johnson Street, Hollywood.
Hours: Mondays from noon to 7:30 p.m.; Tuesday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed on weekends.
What to expect at the vaccination sites?
- Vaccines will be provided only by appointment, while supplies last.
- Bring a picture ID to check in at the site. Healthcare workers need to show proof of licensure.
- To maintain social distancing, companions without appointments will be asked to remain outside.
- Wear a shirt or top with the upper arm accessible.
- Children are not allowed at the site. There is no childcare on site.