MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. – San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs players are in Miami about a week ahead of the NFL’s big game at 6:30 p.m. Sunday at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens.
Here is a list of Super Bowl LIV facts:
1. Miami-Dade County set a National Football League record for hosting its 11th Super Bowl. Five were at the Hard Rock Stadium property in stadiums formerly known as Joe Robbie Stadium, Pro Player Stadium, Dolphin Stadium and Sun Life Stadium. The other five were at the former Orange Bowl in Miami’s Little Havana.
2. If the San Francisco 49ers win on Sunday, it would be the team’s sixth Super Bowl victory. The Kansas City Chiefs haven’t been back to the Super Bowl since they beat the Minnesota Vikings on Jan. 11, 1970, in Super Bowl IV.
3. The San Francisco 49ers traded for Jimmy Garoppolo in 2017. The 28-year-old quarterback has the highest winning percentage ever in the NFL. The NFL reported Kansas City Chiefs Patrick Mahomes, who missed two games this season, and Garoppolo have the highest combined career win percentage by opposing Super Bowl quarterbacks.
4. Mahomes, 24, will be the fifth-youngest starting quarterback in Super Bowl history and he could become the second-youngest starting signal-caller to win the Super Bowl.
5. Mahomes will be joining Dan Marino and Kurt Warner as the only players to win the NFL Most Valuable Player award while also reaching the Super Bowl in their first three seasons.
5. San Francisco 49ers running bak Raheem Mostert, a Floridian and former Miami Dolphins player, is the only player in NFL history with 200-plus rushing yards and 4-plus rushing touchdowns in a playoff game. The 27-year-old running back is also the only player in NFL history with 150-plus yards and 3-plus rushing touchdowns in a single half of a playoff game.
6. Mostert, Matthew Breida and Tevin Coleman rushed for at least 500 yards in the regular season. Breida is a 24-year-old Floridian from Brandon, a community in Hillsborough County.
7. The oldest players participating in Super Bowl LIV are 37 years old. They are San Francisco 49ers kicker Robbie Gould and Kansas City Chiefs punter Dustin Colquitt and Terrell Suggs, a linebacker and defensive end.
8. Aside from getting the 22-inch-tall Vince Lombardi Trophy, each of the players in the winning Super Bowl LIV team will receive $118,000.
9. Pop icons Shakira, a Colombian of Lebanese descent, and J-Lo, a New Yorker of Puerto Rican descent, will be performing during halftime.
10. In solidarity with NBA fans, the NFL will be holding a tribute to Kobe Bryant on Sunday. The Los Angeles Lakers star died Jan. 26 in a helicopter crash in California.