HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. – Gov. Ron DeSantis held a roundtable discussion on Monday at Winthrop College Prep Academy, a public charter school in Hillsborough County.
DeSantis and his guests focused on the benefits of reopening schools.
The school he chose is part of the Charter Schools USA network. The Fort Lauderdale-based for-profit management company runs more than 90 schools in five states.
Some university campuses, including Stetson University and the University of Central Florida in Orlando, started classes.
MORE EDUCATION STORIES
- Broward County: Parents need Microsoft Teams app to attend back-to-school session
- Miami-Dade County: Teachers to use K12 platform
- Amid pandemic, future of many Catholic schools is in doubt
- No parties, no trips: Colleges set COVID-19 rules for fall
- Schools mull outdoor classes amid virus, ventilation worries
- Images of student crowds raise questions in Georgia schools