MIAMI – Authorities are offering a substantial reward as the search continues for a missing South Florida boy.
U.S. Marshals are now offering up to $10,000 for information leading to arrests in the case of 6-year-old Jorge “JoJo” Morales.
Tuesday marked one month since the boy disappeared.
Police say he was kidnapped by his father Jorge Morales, 45, and paternal grandmother, Lilliam Pena Morales, 68. Both are wanted on a felony charge of custodial interference.
Authorities say they could be in Maine or eastern Canada after U.S. Border Patrol agents found an abandoned SUV in Maine with items believed to belong to the child.
The reward for information is divided in half -- $5,000 for information on Jorge Morales’ whereabouts, and $5,000 for information on Pena Morales.
Authorities said JoJo’s mother, Yanet Leal Concepcion, has confirmed that her son is on the autism spectrum and has difficulty communicating sometimes.
She said she and the child’s father had been in a custody battle.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact the U.S. Marshals tip line at (866) 865-TIPS (8477) or submit a tip via the USMS Tips App. You can also call NCMEC at 1-800-843-5678.