Man accused of promoting ‘street takeovers’ in Miami-Dade, Broward

(Miami-Dade Corrections & Rehabilitation)

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. — A 25-year-old man from Miami was arrested Tuesday on accusations that he was promoting “street takeovers” in Miami-Dade and Broward counties, authorities said.

Leer en español

According to an arrest report from the Miami-Dade Sheriff’s Office, on March 29, Bryan Jose Portillo-Perez posted a flyer on Instagram promoting an “intersection takeover” at various addresses in Miami-Dade and Broward, and urged others in a group chat to share the flyer.

The flyer urged drivers to block the roadways so other drivers in designated vehicles called “spinners” could do “donuts” in the intersections, deputies said.

The report listed various addresses in Miami-Dade where deputies said about 50-60 vehicles blocked all lanes of traffic, including:

  • 7950 NW 77th St.
  • 8704 NW 32nd Ave.
  • 2701 NW 54th St.
  • 3630 NW 207th St.

Deputies said about 100 spectators gathered around the intersections to watch the “spinners.”

Deputies noted in the arrest report that the same group chat Portillo-Perez allegedly posted the flyer in was previously used to promote another street takeover in Margate in which a police officer was struck by a vehicle.

Portillo-Perez was arrested on five counts of coordinating drag racing on a highway.

As of Wednesday morning, Portillo-Perez was being held at the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center where his bond had yet to be set.

It’s unclear whether he will face any charges in Broward County.

Copyright 2026 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.

About The Author
Amanda Batchelor

Amanda Batchelor

Amanda Batchelor is the Digital Executive Producer for Local10.com.