Wheel of Fortune contestant search spins into South Florida
Wheelmobile coming to Miccosukee Resort on Oct. 26-27
MIAMI – If you're a Wheel of Fortune fan who's always dreamed of winning big prizes while standing next to Pat and Vanna, the answer to your prayers can be found in the answer to this puzzle:
The 38-foot Wheelmobile tour to find contestants for "America's Game" will stop at the Miccosukee Resort on October 26-27, giving you the chance to audition for Wheel of Fortune.
From 2 to 6 p.m. on each day of the event, all ages are welcome to attend the contest search in the resort's Entertainment Dome. Audition applications will be handed out one hour before scheduled shows at 2:00, 3:30 and 5:00 p.m.
Here's how the contestant search works:
- Everyone who comes to a Wheelmobile event will receive a color-coded application. The color of the application tells you what time the game you are eligible for will begin.
- Fill out your application and drop it in a nearby receptacle. Just before show time, Wheel of Fortune staff will put all the applications in a big golden drum that sits on the stage.
- When the show begins, the Wheelmobile host will pick applications at random from the drum and call participants up to the stage (in groups of five) to play the game.
- On stage, staff will do a brief interview with each contestant and play a version of the Wheel of Fortune Speed-Up Round.
- Each person who comes up to the stage will be evaluated as a potential contestant for the show. At the end of the puzzle all contestants on stage will be awarded a prize. (Wheel of Fortune hats, t-shirts and duffle bags are just some of the stuff you might win.)
- Wheel of Fortune is looking for good game players who are energetic, enthusiastic and fun. This is your opportunity to shine. Show them what you’ve got!
- After the Wheelmobile event in your area has been conducted, the staff will choose the people we believe will be the best candidates for the show (based on their overall performance on stage) to take part in a final round of auditions. These final auditions will take place in the South Florida area within a month after the last event date.
- As many people will be called up to the stage as possible. However, there will be many more folks at Wheelmobile events than can possibly audition. For this reason, the show will reserve some slots in the final auditions for those individuals who attended Wheelmobile events but did not make it up to the stage. After all Wheelmobile events have been conducted, a number of names will be drawn at random from all the applications received in the South Florida area for these slots.
- If you are invited to the final auditions, you will receive a letter or email within a month of the last Wheelmobile event.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be a contestant on Wheel of Fortune.
- You are not eligible to be a contestant on Wheel of Fortune if you work for, or are related to, anyone who works for Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Pictures Television Inc., Sony Pictures Television International, Quadra Productions, Inc., CBS Television Distribution Group, game show prize suppliers, WPLG-TV (including its advertisers and affiliated radio stations), or any TV stations or networks broadcasting Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy!.
- You are not eligible to appear on Wheel of Fortune if you have appeared on another game show, dating-relationship show or reality show in the last year or three game shows, dating-relationship shows or reality shows in the last ten years.
- You are not eligible to be a contestant on Wheel of Fortune if you have appeared on any version of the show - including the daytime version (with Pat Sajak, Chuck Woolery, Bob Goen, or other hosts), Teen Week (or any special week), or "Wheel 2000."
- All expenses incurred while interviewing and (if selected as a contestant) appearing on the show, including airfare, hotel, etc. are the responsibility of the applicant.
- A contestant audition does not guarantee a spot on the show. The applicant understands that Wheel of Fortune is under no obligation to use him/her as a contestant. It is entirely at the producer's discretion.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS SHALL BE MADE FOR PERSONS WITH PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS AND/OR DISABILITIES.
WATCH WHEEL OF FORTUNE WEEKNIGHTS AT 7:00 PM ON WPLG, LOCAL 10.
Copyright 2019 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.