Baby burned by scalding water from garden hose
9-month-boy suffered second-degree burns
SAN TAN VALLEY, Ariz. – A 9-month-old boy was badly burned after he was accidentally sprayed by scalding hot water coming out of a garden hose.
ABC 15 in Phoenix says the boy was outside with his mother when extremely hot water came out of the sprinkler head that was attached to the hose.
The mother was set to fill a small pool with water.
The boy, who suffered second-degree burns over 30 percent of his body, was sitting nearby and was drenched with the water.
Water sitting in a hose outside in hot temperatures can reach up to 150 degrees.
Copyright 2016 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.