Owners of commercial property are held responsible for injuries and activities that happen on their property.
To avoid potential negligent security claims, property owners can take the following precautions to lower the risk of people getting hurt or activities occurring.
- Have security staff on-site.
- Make sure all security equipment is up-to-date and working.
- Make sure all security personnel and staff follow updated policies and procedures.
- Make sure all staff is properly trained in security and in how to handle potentially dangerous situations.
- Make sure potentially high-risk areas, like bars, common areas and children's play areas, are under proper supervision.
- Perform regular checks on lighting, stairs, windows and doors to prevent any potential injuries.
- Make sure the landscaping is properly maintained.
- Investigate all threats of criminal activity.