Country club kitchen ordered shut by state
MIAMI – The employee cafeteria inside the Hotel InterContinental Miami was ordered shut last week because of a roach issue.
State records also show a restaurant at the Country Club of Miami was also ordered shut. An Inspector noted 36 violations and a live rodent in the kitchen.
Both places were allowed to re-open, following an ordered clean up and re-inspection.
Below is a list of some of the violations:
*Sports Grill at the Club, Country Club of Miami located at 6801 N.W. 186th Street in Miami - 36 violations:
- "Live rodent present. One rat in the corner, dishwasher area, location open to the public."
- "Rodent activity present as evidenced by rodent droppings found. Throughout kitchen, 25 semi fresh."
- "Dead roaches on premises. Throughout the storage, kitchen, 20 dead."
- "Accumulation of black/green mold-like substance in the interior of the ice machine."
- "Dish machine not sanitizing properly. Discontinue use of dish machine for sanitizing and set up manual sanitization until dish machine is repaired and sanitizing properly."
"Employee began working with food, handling clean equipment or utensils, or touching unwrapped single-service items without first washing hands."
*Employee cafeteria, Intercontinental Hotel at 100 Chopin Plaza in Miami - 9 violations:
- "Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. 15 plus roaches live underneath dish machine establishment in operation at time of inspection, closest food prep is in the employee cafeteria within ten feet and separated by a swinging door."
- "Sewage/wastewater backing up through floor drains."
Click here to find information on inspections at your favorite restaurant.
Download: Restaurant Inspections app
Copyright 2014 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.