POMPANO BEACH, Fla. – Two women are safe after they escaped a fire inside their Pompano Beach home.
An elderly woman and her daughter woke up to flames and the smell of smoke inside their home along Northwest 17th Court.
Neither woman was hurt.
Two others inside the house also escaped unharmed.
A city spokeswoman said firefighters determined that the cause of the fire was electrical.
The house has been deemed uninhabitable. The American Red Cross is providing temporary housing for the displaced residents.