State orders restaurant shut twice in 1 week
Report: Rodent, maggots, roaches, rodent droppings discovered around Papo Llega Y Pon
PEMBROKE PARK, Fla. – State records show Papo Llega Y Pon was ordered shut three times this year, twice last week.
A rodent, maggots, roaches and rodent droppings were all discovered in and around the restaurant.
Records indicate last week's inspection was based on a consumer complaint.
Papo Llega Y Pon was allowed to re-open following an ordered clean up and re-inspection. Below is a list of some of the violations:
Papo Llega Y Pon
2928 NW 17 Ave.
Based on Complaint
"Grease interceptor/trap overflowing onto floor/ground. Observed grease and water outside on the south side of the establishment. Grease trap is back up from the street man hole. Grease and water containing dead roaches, maggots and flies. Grease and water from the outside is also flowing under the door stop at the kitchen in to the kitchen floor. Very bad odor."
"Pesticide/insecticide labeled for household use only present in establishment."
"Rodent activity present as evidenced by rodent droppings found. 35 dried droppings and 4 fresh dropping observed in a dry storage room and inside a unused bread oven located in the kitchen. The total droppings are 39."
"Live rodent present."
"Outer openings of establishment cannot be properly sealed when not in operation. Can't not be sealed due to metal screened closures (windows), greater than 16" mesh."
"Hole in ceiling. Hole are in storage room."
"Openings to the outside for equipment, such as ventilation fans, not screened or otherwise protected when the equipment is not in operation."
Bangkok O Cha
2062 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd.
West Palm Beach
Based on complaint
"Rodent activity present as evidenced by rodent droppings found. 1 dry dropping found on wooden shelving next to walk in cooler."
"Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. 4 live roaches found in oven on cook line . 2 live roaches found along wall pipes behind cook line . 2 live roaches found in holes in tiles behind cook line . 1 live roach found on ceiling tile next to wok station."
"Dead roaches on premises. 1 dead roach found on wooden shelving. Opposite cook line reach in cooler."
"Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food covered while cooling. Cooked chicken in cook line reach in cooler."
"Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food left at room temperature to cool. Cooked pork 109°, coconut soup 130°, hot and sour soup 107° on cook line stove. Corrective action taken: all items moved to walk in cooler to finish cooling down. Had been sitting at room temperature for less than one hour."
Copyright 2014 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.