JW Marriott Marquis carjacker denied bond
Alberto Ruiz, 50, faces multiple felony charges
MIAMI – The man accused of hitting seven people in the driveway of the JW Marriott Marquis after stealing a woman's car last week, was denied bond by a Miami-Dade judge on Wednesday.
Alberto Ruiz, 50, didn't say much in court because the judge was told he had his jaw wired shut.
Judge Migna Sanchez Llorens told Ruiz to stay away from the seven victims injured in the incident.
When asked if he had an attorney, Ruiz said no and was assigned a public defender.
Ruiz faces multiple felony charges, including carjacking.
Police said Ruiz has stolen cars in and around downtown before.
Follow Hatzel Vela on Twitter @hatzelvela
Follow Local 10 News on Twitter @WPLGLocal10
Copyright 2014 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.