5 exposed to ammonia leak at frozen-food warehouse
Hazmat teams cap leak at Southeast Frozen Foods
MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. – Five people were exposed to ammonia from a leak at a frozen-food warehouse in northwest Miami-Dade County.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue said its hazardous materials teams were called to Southeast Frozen Foods near Northeast Sixth Avenue and Northeast 183rd Street on Wednesday morning.
Hazmat teams were able to cap the leak.
All five people were taken to a hospital for further evaluation.
Hazmat teams were continuing to monitor the ammonia levels in the building before letting people back inside.
Follow Johanna Torres on Twitter @johannaltorres
Follow Local 10 News on Twitter @WPLGLocal10
Copyright 2014 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.