What Kip wants you to know about tiger sharks
Kip Houghton says he had dreamed of having a close encouter with a tiger shark
MELBOURNE BEACH, Fla. – Kip Houghton, 12, said he is passionate about "the beautiful" and "majestic creatures" with poor eye sight.
They sometimes confuse someone's leg for a fish, he said. And humans have to respect the life of the shark, because they are not a threat. They just make mistakes.
Here are some of the things Kip wants you to know about tiger sharks.
- They have the second most attacks on humans in the world right next to the Great White.
- Their size rival is the Great White
- They have curved teeth that are almost like hooks.
- Their favorite meal is sea turtles. They can cut them right in half with one bite.
- When they are babies their stripes are really big, black and bold, and as they get older their stripes fade.
- They tend to live alone and they have amazing eyesight, which lets them hunt at night.
- Their live for about 30 years.