2 arrested in shooting that left Miami man paralyzed
Bryan Perez, 20, paralyzed from waist down in Aug. 25 shooting
MIAMI – Police have arrested two men in connection with a shooting that left a 20-year-old man from Miami paralyzed.
Isaac Coles, 21, and Quinton Grate, 20 are charged with attempted felony murder, armed kidnapping, armed burglary and armed robbery.
Just last week, Bryan Perez and his family held a news conference to ask anyone who may know something about the three men involved in the shooting to come forward.
Perez was placed in a coma for four days and is now bound to a wheelchair from the Aug. 25 shooting.
"My life has changed from here on out," Perez told Local 10 News. "I'm not going to be able to do the things I want."
Surveillance video captured three men, some believed to be teenagers, walking inside the apartment complex on Northeast Fourth Court near San Simeon Way.
Perez said he was on the porch with his cousin when a guy in a red jacket and with a short beard approached him with two others and tried to force them back into the apartment.
Knowing his pregnant girlfriend and mother were inside his home, he refused to let them in. As Perez tried to close the sliding glass door to his apartment, the suspects, who were both armed fired at Perez multiple times, police said.
"I was conscious throughout the whole thing -- in the ambulance and the helicopter," said Perez. "When they put me to sleep at the hospital, I thought that was the last breath I was going to take."
Perez's cousin, 21-year-old Sebastian Antequera, was not injured in the shooting.
Police said the men came back to the home while Perez was in the hospital and stole several items, including a safe, a TV and other electronics.
Follow Local 10 News on Twitter @WPLGLocal10
Copyright 2014 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.