Suspect in double shooting, armed carjackings appears disoriented in court

Gregory Moore pistol-whipped ex-girlfriend after shooting her, court document reveals

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – A suspect in a series of armed carjackings and a double shooting in Broward County appeared disoriented as he faced a federal judge Thursday morning in Fort Lauderdale.

Gregory B. Moore appeared to be falling asleep during his first court appearance since his arrest Wednesday at a Tri-Rail station in Mangonia Park, which is north of West Palm Beach.

At one point, the judge asked Moore if he was ill, to which Moore mumbled an unintelligible response. That prompted the judge to continue the hearing for another time.

Moore kept his head down as he was led out of the Broward County jail on his way to court earlier in the morning.

The FBI and local law enforcement agencies had been searching for Moore since Tuesday's crime spree that left one man dead and another woman in the hospital.

According to the criminal complaint, Moore carjacked a woman and her son in Fort Lauderdale and demanded that the woman drive him to Interstate 95. After the woman refused, he ordered them out of the Suzuki and drove south on I-95 toward Griffin Road in Hollywood, where he abandoned the car.

Next, Moore carjacked a Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck and drove it to an insurance office on Hallandale Beach Boulevard where his ex-girlfriend worked. It was there that Moore saw Danielle Roland and another man arrive in a red Chevrolet Cobalt.

Moore opened fire at the car, shooting Roland and fatally wounding the man. He was identified Thursday as Johnson St. Louis. A relative said he had recently begun dating Roland.

According to the complaint, Moore pulled Roland out of the car and repeatedly pistol-whipped her.

Moore then got back in the truck and drove north onto I-95, where he got caught in traffic. Moore struck several vehicles stuck in the gridlock before crashing near the Pembroke Road exit. He then got out of the truck, carjacked a woman driving a Mercedes-Benz and sped off.

He eventually lost control of the car near Broward Boulevard and ran off, prompting an hours-long manhunt and causing several schools to be placed on lockdown.

According to the complaint, Moore's cousin, Jonathan Marion, allowed him to use his cellphone and stay at his home for several hours during the manhunt. Marion told investigators that Moore admitted to shooting his ex-girlfriend, saying he hoped that she died.

Marion was also arrested and faced a judge Thursday.

Follow Local 10 News on Twitter @WPLGLocal10