Gas leak reported in Opa-locka neighborhood
Precautionary evacuation in effect for surrounding area
MIAMI – Police have evacuated a neighborhood in Opa-locka after reports of a gas leak Thursday afternoon.
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue responded to a gas main break in the area of Northwest 23rd Avenue and 149th Street.
Fire rescue officials said Florida city gas crews were on their way to fix the broken gas main.
The precautionary evacuation affects those in the area between 147th and 150th streets on 24th Court.
Follow Local 10 News on Twitter @WPLGLocal10
Copyright 2015 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.