6 poisoned by carbon monoxide in Wilton Manors town homes
1 person found dead inside home
WILTON MANORS, Fla. – Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives are investigating after a person was found dead at a Wilton Manors home Monday morning.
BSO deputies said they arrived to a town house at 2259 NE Ninth Ave. and found three people unconscious, as well as two dead dogs and a cat that was still alive.
Deputies said based on preliminary information, it appears the victims, Louis Agro, 43, his wife Regina Agro, 37, and their daughter Sophia, 11, were poisoned by carbon monoxide. An SUV that was still running was found in the garage.
"We don't know right now how long the car was left on and (we) don't know if this was an accident," Broward Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Gina Carter said.
"Carbon monoxide is a silent or deadly killer so you can't smell it or taste it or anything," Fort Lauderdale Fire Deputy Chief Timothy Heiser said.
According to deputies, neighbors Keith Moore and Mark Thompson were heading to the gym when they noticed that the Agro's garage door was left open. When they returned, they decided to check on the family. No one answered the front door so they went through the garage and saw that the family's Ford Escape SUV was running.
Louis Agro was found on the floor near the door. Deputies said the men began CPR, turned off the car and called 911.
Louis Agro was pronounced dead at the scene. The mother and daughter were taken to Broward Health Medical Center. Moore was also taken to the hospital.
Authorities searched neighboring town homes as a precaution and found two others who had also been poisoned at the home next door, identified as Kyle White, 29, and Michael Gutierrez, 30. They were also transported to the hospital.
Authorities said all five of the victims who were taken to the hospital are listed in critical condition.
Follow Local 10 News on Twitter @WPLGLocal10
Copyright 2015 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.