Streets to close in downtown Miami for Corporate Run
Closures begin at 1:30 p.m. and some will last until 11 p.m.
MIAMI – Several roads will be shut down in downtown Miami Thursday evening when 27,000 people are expected to participate in the Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run.
Street closures begin at 1:30 p.m. ahead of the 6:45 p.m. race. Miami police warn the normal traffic flow will not resume until approximately 11 p.m.
The following closures will be in effect from 6:45 until 8:30 p.m.:
- SE 3 Street from Biscayne Boulevard to SE 3 Avenue
- SE 3 Avenue from SE 3 Street to SE 2 Street
- SE 2 Street from SE 3 Avenue to NW North River Drive
- NW 4 Street from NW North River Drive to NW 5 Avenue
- NW 5 Avenue from NW 4 Street to NW 6 Street
- NW 4 Avenue from NW 6 Street to NW 3 Street
- NW 3 Street from NW 4 Avenue to NW North Miami Avenue
- North Miami Avenue from NW 3 Street to NW 2 Street
- NW 2 Street from North Miami Avenue to NE 2 Avenue
- NE 2 Avenue from NE 2 Street to NE 4 Street
- NE 4 Street from NE 2 Avenue to Biscayne Boulevard
Miami police will be on site to direct drivers to available roads.
Thursday night's run is part of the Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run series. Representatives from companies across South Florida also participated in similar events in Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach earlier this month.
Companies compete for top honors in 20 different industry categories in each of the 5K races. For more information about the series, click here.
Copyright 2015 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.