Boy burned in Hollywood house fire, officials say
Mom, son suffer smoke inhalation
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. – A Hollywood family got quite the scare Thursday night as they barely made it out of their burning home.
A Local 10 News viewer took video as the fire burned at the home at 7500 Fillmore St., north of Pines Boulevard. In the video you can hear neighbors scream, hoping firefighters could put out the flames.
Firefighters said the back half of the home was on fire.
The homeowner told Local 10 News that he heard a loud bang, and as he went searching the home, he ran into the flames.
Firefighters said it took 40 minutes to put out the fire.
The homeowner, his wife and son were able to get out, but the son went back inside to rescue his two parakeets, and suffered first-degree burns on his forearms and smoke inhalation.
The wife was taken to a hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.
Firefighters are still trying to figure out what sparked the flames. They said whatever it was, it moved quickly.
Follow Local 10 News on Twitter @WPLGLocal10
Copyright 2015 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.