Ultra Music Festival kicks off at Bayfront Park
3-day festival ends Sunday
MIAMI – Ultra Music Festival kicked off Friday at Bayfront Park.
The three-day electronic music festival will be held at 301 N. Biscayne Blvd.
Tickets for each day are sold out on Ultra's website, but you can still purchase tickets on Stub Hub and other ticket brokers that start at about $475 for general admission.
Ultra attendees must be at least 18 years old for general admission and at least 21 years old for VIP admission.
About 170,000 EDM fans are expected to come to the annual event this year, and police said about 300 officers will be manning the roads.
Officers said they want everyone to have a good time, but safety is their top priority.
Police said officers will be searching for illegal drugs and any other criminal activity. Fire Rescue will also be on hand to help with any issues.
"We have all advance life support equipment allowing us to do everything we are capable of doing on the rescue trucks (that) you seen on the streets," Miami Fire Rescue spokesman Capt. Ignatius Carroll Jr. said.
Below are the times the music festival will be open each day:
Friday: 4 p.m.-12 a.m.
Saturday: 12 p.m.-12 a.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m.-11 p.m.
Those who are heading to downtown Miami over the weekend for other purposes are expected to be rerouted. Southbound traffic on Biscayne Boulevard will be diverted to Northeast Second Avenue starting at Fourth Street.
All northbound traffic on Biscayne Boulevard will be cut down to two lanes.
Below is a list of prohibited items, according to Ultra Music Festival's website:
- No illegal or illicit substances, drugs, or drug paraphernalia
- No weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, pocket knives and self-defense sprays
- No flammable items or liquids including aerosols and fireworks
- No markers, pens or spray paint
- No backpacks, purses, or bags allowed except bags made of clear plastic, clear vinyl, or clear PVC not exceeding 13 inches by 17 inches
- No stuffed animals
- No facial masks
- No outside food or beverage including alcohol
- No bottles, cans, canteens, flasks, or coolers
- No opened over-the-counter medication or eye drops
- No opened packs of cigarettes or tampons
- No pacifiers or glow sticks
- No balloons, balls, inflatable balls, frisbees or flying discs
- No umbrellas, chairs, blankets, sleeping bags or tents
- No bicycles, skateboards, hoverboards, scooters, or personal motorized vehicles
- No drones or unmanned aerial vehicles
- No animals except for service animals assisting an individual with a disability. "Comfort," "therapy" or "emotional support" animals do not meet the definition of a service animal and are not permitted entry to the event.
- No large chains, chained wallets or spiked jewelry
- No laser pens, laser pointers, or similar focused light devices
- No water guns, squirt guns, spray bottles or misters
- No musical instruments, noisemakers or air horns
- No professional cameras, flash cameras or video and audio recording equipment or camera poles
- No poles, sticks or "totems"
- Additional items may be prohibited at the discretion of law enforcement or security officials.
Click here for more information about Ultra.
Copyright 2016 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.