Girl who died after getting neck caught in blind cords identified
BSO says Mary Molina, 2, got up from bed during nap, started playing with blinds
OAKLAND PARK, Fla. – Broward Sheriff's Office detectives have identified a 2-year-old girl who died after she got her neck caught in some window-blind cords.
Mary Molina had just been put down for a nap on her bed when the girl got up and began to play with the vertical blinds near the bed in her parents' bedroom, BSO spokeswoman Gina Carter said.
The girl's mother, Jenna Holland, and another child were in another part of the house at the time, Carter said.
When Holland returned to check on her daughter, she found Mary unresponsive and attempted to perform CPR, Carter said.
Deputies were called at about 12:30 p.m. and attempted to revive Mary, but they were unsuccessful. She was taken to Holy Cross Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 1:29 p.m.
Mary's father, Rena Molina, was not home during the incident, but he arrived a short time later.
The death remains under investigation.
Copyright 2016 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.