Man accused of making bomb threat against Pembroke Pines Best Buy
Richard Morgan, 21, faces multiple charges
PEMBROKE PINES, Fla. – A man from Cooper City is facing more charges after he threatened to blow up a Best Buy store last month, authorities said.
The bomb threat was made the evening of June 11 at Best Buy at 11450 Pines Blvd.
Richard Morgan, 21, was initially arrested shortly after the incident on an obstruction of justice charge. He now faces an additional charge of threatening to throw, place or discharge a destructive device.
According to an arrest report, officers went to Morgan's home on the night of the incident because they had already identified him as the offender through "investigative techniques."
Police said they knocked on the front door repeatedly, but Morgan would not come out.
Police said Morgan was known to the officers, who had reason to believe that he was dangerous to them.
Two officers wen to the back of the home to make sure Morgan did not try to leave, while a third officer waited in front of the home.
Police said Morgan eventually came out the front door and refused orders to get on the ground.
The other officers eventually came to the front of the home and helped to detain Morgan, authorities said.
Morgan was arrested for resisting arrest without violence, police said. He was treated for an injury to his right ring finger before being booked into jail.
It's unclear why Morgan allegedly made the threat against the Best Buy.
Copyright 2016 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.