MIAMI – A gas leak forced the evacuation of an apartment building and medical facilities Monday afternoon in Miami, authorities said.
The gas leak was reported in the area of Southwest 21st Avenue and First Street.
Sky 10 was above the scene and saw construction workers standing by as Miami Fire Rescue crews worked to cap the leak.
Authorities said construction crews were working on a drainage system when they accidentally cut a gas line.
Miami Fire Rescue Capt. Ignatius Carroll said several buildings were evacuated as a precaution.
Carroll said they received reports of several Publix customers feeling dizzy. He said Miami police helped the Fire Department evacuate the Publix.
The leak was capped about 5 p.m.