Preschool evacuated after gas leak reported in Miami
About 130 children taken to another building, authorities say
MIAMI – A preschool was evacuated Monday afternoon after a gas leak was reported in Miami, authorities said.
The gas leak was reported near the Lincoln Marti School on Southwest First Street and Eighth Avenue.
Miami Fire Rescue Capt. Ignatius Carroll said the strong smell of gas forced about 130 children to be evacuated from the preschool.
He said the children, who are infants and children up to 4 years old, have been taken to a nearby building while crews work to cap the leak.
All children are safe, Carroll said.
Carroll said the leak was caused by construction equipment that cut a 4-inch gas line while crews were doing road work.
There were no other evacuations.
Copyright 2017 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.