VANCOUVER, Wash. – A simple beauty product turned into an explosive device when it was left under the sun in a hot car.
KGW reports that the windshield of a Washington woman's car was destroyed after a can of hairspray exploded inside her car while she was at work.
Karmen Ayres walked out to her car, only to find the can lodged in the windshield.
Ayres had left the hairspray in her car's backseat.
With temperatures outside reaching the low-90's, the inside of the car heated up and caused the can to explode.
"At first I looked up, because I thought maybe something fell," Eyres told the station. "But then I noticed it was from the inside out. I was in shock and then I realized what it was."