Woman arrested after stalking Aventura man for 30 years

Tamarra Nichol would call doctor's office repeatedly, show up


AVENTURA, Fla. – A 67-year-old woman was arrested Wednesday after she'd stalked a man over the course of 30 years, Aventura police said.

Tamarra Nichols had been arrested in the past after Dr. Robert Besen accused her of stalking him at his office, Dr. B Clinic, at 20268 Biscayne Blvd. Beson had an injunction against her.

On March 29, Besen told police that Nichols had been stalking him for 30 years and that he’d received numerous unwanted phone calls from her in that time.

Besen got about six calls from Nichols that day, police said. She also allegedly left messages that violated the injunction.

A police officer who responded to the office in March and  spoke to Nichols on the phone said that she began to yell at him and said that the call was making her blood pressure elevate, a police report said. Nichols then asked if she was going to be arrested, and began to curse at the officer before hanging up the phone.

The office tried to call her back, but she wouldn’t answer.

On Monday, Nichols called Besen at about 4:25 p.m., police said. She also allegedly left several voice messages from four different phone numbers.

She called the doctor again at about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday. This time the voicemails were left on a line that was being monitored by police, the report said.

Besen then blocked all phone numbers and calls coming in, but Nichols continued to call from different phone numbers, police said. He also became fearful for his safety and the safety of his family when she mentioned his son in a message.

By Wednesday, Nichols calls Besen’s office from the phone of a customer at Walmart in Doral and shortly after said she was heading to the J.C. Penny store in Aventura.

Later that afternoon, Benson called police and said Nichols was in his office, police said. She was then taken into custody.

Nichols was arrested on charges of stalking and violating an injunction against stalking. She is being held on a $2 million bail.