81ºF

2-year-old boy dies after getting neck stuck in car window

photo


LAFAYETTE, Ind. – A 2-year-old boy died after accidentally getting his neck stuck in the window of a car.

Logan Vanderkleed died Thursday after a week long stay at an Indiana hospital.

WXIN reports Logan closed the window on his neck while his dad was working outside.

In a Facebook post, Vanderkleed's mother, Lisa, said her children were taking a nap inside the car while their father, Drew, was cleaning another vehicle just feet away.

Logan reportedly rolled down the window and rolled it back up by hitting the automatic button.

When rescue crews arrive, Logan was not breathing and had to be given CPR before being airlifted to a nearby hospital.

With a low-level of brain activity, Logan was being prepped for surgery last Monday to preserve his heart valves and possibly use his kidneys for transplant to another child.

Logan died at 1:07 a.m. on Thursday with his family surrounding him.

So blessed that I was able to hold Logan yesterday. The doctors keep saying he is not responsive to anything and while...

Posted by Love for Logan on Monday, August 21, 2017