Timeline of shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
Sheriff: Suspect stopped at Walmart, Subway and McDonalds before arrest
PARKLAND, Fla. – Here is the timeline of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School massacre Wednesday, according to Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel.
- Uber driver drops off Nikolas Cruz at the school at 5901 NW Pine Island Road in Parkland.
- Cruz enters the east stairwell with a rifle inside a black soft case. He exits the stairwell after pulling the rifle out of the case.
- Cruz begins shooting at classrooms 1215, 1216 and 1214.
- Cruz returns to classrooms 1216 and 1215, and then to classroom 1213.
- Cruz takes the west stairwell to the second floor.
- Cruz shoots one victim in classroom 1234.
- Cruz takes the east stairwell to the third floor.
- Cruz drops his rifle and backpack and runs down the stairs.
- Cruz exits building 12 and runs toward the tennis courts.
INTERACTIVE MAP OF SCHOOL
'Blending in with the crowd'
- Cruz takes a southbound turn, crosses fields and runs west along with others who are fleeing and tries to mix in with the group running away.
- Cruz arrives at the Walmart at 6001 Coral Ridge Drive, buys a drink at the Subway inside and leaves on foot.
- Cruz arrives at the McDonald's at 5741 Coral Ridge Drive, sits down for a short time and leaves on foot.
- A Coconut Creek Police Department officer detains Cruz at 4700 Wyndham Lakes Drive. He is positively identified and taken into custody.
Copyright 2018 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.