MIAMI - One man was arrested and another is on the loose after they robbed a bicyclist early Thursday in Miami, authorities said.
According to an arrest report, the victim had just taken out $80 from an ATM about 2 a.m. when he started to travel north toward the intersection of Northwest 13th Avenue and 37th Street.
More Crime Headlines
- 4 questioned after dump trucks stolen in Miami Beach
- Girl, 13, faces judge after allegedly bringing gun to Carol City Middle School
- Ballistic glass saves cashier during attempted robbery at Miami-Dade gas station
- Fla. bank robber surrenders, releases hostages
- Man appears in court after surrendering in hit-and-run that injured boy
Police said a yellow taxi cut him off at the intersection, and the driver and a back seat passenger, identified as Kelly Vixamar, 19, approached him with guns drawn.
The men demanded the victim's money and property, and the victim handed over his cellphone and cash, the report said.
Authorities said Miami-Dade police officers spotted the taxi in the area of Northwest Seventh Avenue and 135th Street and tried to pull the car over.
Police said the driver fled and crashed into a pole at the corner of Sixth Court and 135th Street.
Both men got out of the cab and ran away, the report said.
Police said Vixamar was quickly detained, but the other robber got away.
Vixamar faces a charge of armed robbery with a deadly weapon.
Anyone with information about the second robber's identity is asked to call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS.
Copyright 2016 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.