CORAL SPRINGS, Fla. - The owner of a Sergio's Americas Bakery in Coral Springs apparently didn't get it when he was ordered shut back in August for a roach issue.
Records show a state inspector was back again last week and the problems still exist.
More Dirty Dining Headlines
- Rodent droppings in yeast found in South Florida bakery
- Roaches spotted crawling on chicken and rice containers in South Florida…
- Miami International Mall restaurant ordered shut for second time
- Dirty Dining restaurant with 110 violations in 2016 ordered shut again
- Steak 'N Shake, Smoothie King, Denny's, Waffle House among big names…
In August, 35 violations were found.
An inspector saw over 70 live and dead roaches in several spots inside the kitchen and by the front counter and display case.
A stop sale was ordered on dried corn in a bowl because a roach was crawling on it.
Last week, roach issues were found again.
Records show inspectors have been to Sergio's 11 times in 2017.
Below is a list of places that were ordered shut last week and some of their violations.
All the places mentioned were allowed to re-open following an ordered cleanup and re-inspection.
***Sergio's Americas Bakery
10264 W. Sample Road
Ordered shut Oct. 31
12 violations found
Also ordered shut Aug. 3
"Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. Observed 1 small live roach crawling on wall near floor above pick up window, manager killed roach and was instructed to clean and sanitize area and did so, corrected on site. Observed 1 small live roach on wheel on bakery rolling cart in kitchen, 1 live roach in front of stove, and 1 live small roach behind Kelvinator cooler in kitchen (these roaches were removed). Owner instructed to remove roaches and to clean and sanitize areas. **Repeat Violation**."
"Dead roaches on premises. Observed 3 dead roaches behind Kelvinator cooler in kitchen, 3 dead roaches on floor under shelf with microwave in kitchen, 11 dead roaches on floor along wall behind baker station prep table in kitchen, and 3 dead roaches under bakery display box in front counter area, 2 dead roaches in water in plastic bin behind Beverage Air cooler in kitchen. Manager and owner instructed to remove roaches and to clean and sanitize areas, they began to do so."
"Accumulation of dead or trapped birds, insects, rodents, or other pests, in control devices. Observed 4 dead roaches on glue traps in garbage can in front counter area behind bakery display case. **Repeat Violation**"
"Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Observed in Kelivinator cooler: 2 cups diced tomatoes and cilantro (51°F - Cold Holding); raw chicken (45°F - Cold Holding); raw beef (48°F - Cold Holding). See stop sale for diced tomatoes. **Repeat Violation**."
"Raw animal food stored over cooked food. Observed raw chicken above French fries in Kool It freezer. Observed raw pork above fried pork in Beverage Air cooler, manager properly stored it as directed."
"Stop Sale issued on potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food due to temperature abuse. Observed in Kelivinator cooler: 2 cups diced tomatoes and cilantro (51°F - Cold Holding); 10lbs cooked tamales (45-46°F - Cooling) and 8lbs chicken soup (45-46°F - Cooling), as per cook the foods listed as "Cooling" were cooked and began cooling on the previous day. Foods were discarded. **Repeat Violation."
"Nonfood-grade bags used in direct contact with food. Observed with raw chicken in Kool It freezer and with cornmeal in Beverage Air cooler in kitchen, explained this to manager again. **Repeat Violation."
***RG Salon & Spa
1061 SE First Ave.
Ordered shut Nov. 2
13 violations found
"Dish machine not sanitizing properly. Discontinue use of dish machine for sanitizing and set up manual sanitization until dish machine is repaired and sanitizing properly. At time of inspection observed dish machine with a sanitizer compartment but operator does not have any sanitizer available. Employee does not know how to operate dish machine."
"Food-contact surfaces not sanitized after cleaning, before use. Do not use equipment/utensils not properly sanitized."
"Certified Food Manager or person in charge lacks knowledge of employee health policy and health requirements."
"Hot or cold water not provided/shut off at employee hand wash sink. Observed hand sink in back prep/ware wash are taped up, no water provided at this hand sink. Operator not able or does not know how to turn water on. This hand sink is the only hand sink in back prep/ware wash area."
"No hot or cold running water at three-compartment sink. Observed 3 compartment sink in back prep/ware wash are taped up, no water provided at this sink. Employees cannot wash, rinse, or sanitize any equipment. Operator not able or does not know how to turn water on."
9700 NW 25th St.
Ordered shut Nov. 1
10 violations found
"Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. Observed approximately 8 live roaches between ceiling and wall in kitchen area."
"Pots or other cooking equipment not being sanitized. Observed employee washing cooking equipment only with detergent. Employee set up sanitizer and rewashed and sanitized."
"Employee handled soiled dishes or utensils and then handled clean dishes or utensils without washing hands. Observed waitress handling dirty plates, then engaged in food preparation without washing hands. Waitress washed hands after explained what she did wrong."
9340 SW 56th St.
Ordered shut Oct. 31
20 violations found
"Roach activity present as evidenced by approximately 20 live roaches found behind a reach in freezer on the floor located in the kitchen, the reach freezer is directly across from the main cook line."
"Dead roaches on premises. Approximately 5 dead roaches in the kitchen behind a reach in freezer on the floor."
"Certified Food Manager or person in charge lacks knowledge of food borne illnesses and symptoms of illness that would prevent an employee from working with food, clean equipment and utensils, and single-service items. Manager unaware of the Big 5 knowledge. Provided manager with handout."
"Soil residue in food storage containers. Rice bin soiled inside container."
Copyright 2017 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.