MIAMI, Fla. – CVS Health was quick to announce Wednesday that it would begin administering the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine to adolescents ages 12 to 15 in 640 locations across Florida now that emergency use authorization for that age group is moving forward.
CVS encourages appointments be made online at cvs.com or through the CVS Pharmacy app to ensure availability, but walk-ins are also accepted, according to a spokesperson.
Walgreens also announced that it will offer the Pfizer vaccine to children 12 to 15. Those seeking an appointment are asked to visit Walgreens.com/ScheduleVaccine.
The Florida Division of Emergency Management said Wednesday it will begin distributing the vaccine Thursday at its sites as well.
“State-supported vaccination sites that accept walk-ups will continue to accept walk-ups for individuals ages 12 to 15 to receive the Pfizer vaccine,” according to a statement from officials.
The Marlins Park vaccination site requires appointments. Appointments for that site can be made at MyVaccine.FL.Gov.
The state-supported sites with Pfizer vaccines are:
- Bucky Dent Park Gymnasium 2250 W 60th Street Hialeah, FL 33016 9a.m.- 5 p.m. 7 days a week Pfizer, Johnson and Johnson Walk-ups accepted
- Hard Rock Stadium 347 Don Shula Drive Miami Gardens, FL 33056 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. 7 days a week Pfizer Drive-ups accepted
- Helen Miller Center 2331 NW 143rd St., Opa-Locka, FL 33054 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. 7 days a week Pfizer, Johnson and Johnson Walk-ups accepted
- Holtz Children’s Hospital 1611 NW 12th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, open 24 hours, 7 days a week. This site is taking children ages 12 to 18 only.
- Marlins Park 501 Marlins Way Miami, FL 33125 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. 7 days a week Pfizer Preregister for an appointment at MyVaccine.FL.gov
- Miami Beach Convention Center 1901 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach, FL 33139 7 days a week 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Pfizer Walk-ups accepted
- Inter Miami CF Stadium 1350 NW 55th St. Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday Pfizer Walk-ups accepted
- Vizcaya Park 14200 SW 55th St., Miramar, FL 33027 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. 7 days a week Pfizer, Johnson and Johnson Walk-ups accepted
A list of which sites accept walk-ups and which sites require appointments is available at FloridaDisaster.org/Vaccine.”
Meanwhile, Publix pharmacy confirmed that it is only distributing the Moderna and Johnson and Johnson vaccines, so they, at this time, will not be accommodating the new age group.