Margate family lucky to escape home engulfed in flames

MARGATE, Fla. – A family in Margate escaped their home after it was nearly consumed by flames this week.

It happened around 6 p.m. Wednesday along Northwest 58th Avenue.

The homeowner told Local 10 News he was there at the time with his grandchildren, and they had no idea a fire had started.

Fortunately, neighbors alerted the family to the smoke, and some even went inside to help get all the family members out of the home unharmed.

Authorities are investigating to figure out what started the fire in the first place.

About the Author:

David Dwork joined the WPLG Local 10 News team in August 2019. Born and raised in Miami-Dade County, David has covered South Florida sports since 2007.