SUNRISE, Fla. – The Mega Job Fair is being held this week in Broward County and there are more than 8,000 jobs available from 100 different employers.
The job fair will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday at FLA Live Arena at One Panther Parkway in Sunrise.
The event is free and so is parking, but attendees are asked to pre-register for the event online.
Some of the companies attending the job fair include the Florida Panthers/FLA Live Arena, the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Hollywood and American Express.
There are also plenty of employers in the medical field, in insurance and in the travel industry that will also be there.
Below are some tips from JobsNewsUSA about how to prepare for the job fair:
• Dress professionally as if attending a job interview.
• Practice your personalized pitch which should summarize your skills and experience.
• Make a good first – and lasting – impression with each recruiter.
• Bring several copies of your updated resume or work history to the event.
Health & Safety Guidelines:
• As an attendee, you are required to wear a mask at all times.
• Please refrain from shaking hands with employers.
• We ask that you utilize hand sanitation stations throughout the venue.
• If you are sick, do not attend.