MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. — A third suspect has been taken into custody regarding a shooting that occurred in southwest Miami-Dade County.
It happened on Feb. 17 in the area of Southwest 266th Street and 138th Avenue in the county’s Naranja neighborhood.
According to Miami-Dade Sheriff’s Office, the two victims said they were at the scene to buy drugs when they were ambushed and shot by a man later identified as 22-year-old Brian Laoz.
The victims drove themselves to the hospital while deputies said Laoz fled the scene and was later picked up by Leah Santos, 22, who told investigators that she was Laoz’s girlfriend.
Now, authorities have arrested a third person, 22-year-old Lamont Lindner, for his involvement in the crime.

According to MDSO, surveillance video from the night of the shooting showed Laoz running away from the scene after allegedly opening fire on the victims before stopping on Southwest 268th Street just west of 138th Court and making contact with Lindner, who had just arrived on a bicycle.
Investigators later arrived to where both Laoz and Lindner were and detained them, at which time Lindner told a detective, “Y’all got the wrong people today, brother,” according to his arrest form.
Deputies also said Lindner was wearing a black T-shirt with a design that said “In Glock With Trust with a picture of a handgun and a magazine,” that was exposed because the gray hoodie that he was wearing when he arrived at the scene had been removed and given to Laoz, who had since put it on, according to official documents.
Lindner is facing felony charges of accessory after the fact and tampering with physical evidence.
As of Thursday afternoon, he was being held at the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center on $12,500 bond, but official documents indicate he was out on felony bond at the time of his arrest.
Copyright 2026 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.

