Man hospitalized, woman killed by carbon monoxide

Bobby Floyd taken to Jackson North Medical Center

MIAMI - A woman died and her husband was hospitalized after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning on Tuesday afternoon.

It happened at 199 NE 202nd Terrace.

Paulette Campbell, the granddaughter of Wylene and Bobby Floyd, found the couple in their apartment about noon after their landlord called and said no one was answering their door.

"I was in shock and I basically already knew because I've taken care of patients with carbon monoxide poisoning before and if you don't get to them in time kind of already know," said Campbell.

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue confirmed one person was transported to Jackson North Medical Center for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Wylene Floyd, 77, died. The condition of Bobby Floyd, who is in his 60s, was not immediately released.

The granddaughter of the couple said they had been married for more than 30 years. She said late Monday, neighbors told the landlord about a gaseous odor in their apartments, adding that a new gas stove had been recently installed in her grandparents' apartment.

Copyright 2013 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.