Many people shy away from the thought of buying new windows for their home, but the benefits of energy-efficient windows are aplenty.
Here are five reasons why buying energy-efficient windows is worth it, according to FHIA Remodeling.
- It can save money on energy bills. The United States Department of Energy estimates that you can save $126 to $465 a year just by switching out single-pane windows. If you’re switching out double-paned windows with energy-efficient windows, the Department of Energy said you can save between $27 and $111 per year.
- Better protection. Energy-efficient windows can help with protection from storms and hurricanes with specially made glass that reduces the odds of glass or debris flying into the house.
- Condensation reduction. Energy-efficient windows greatly reduce the chances of cold drafts, stains or puddles from entering frames and walls.
- Increased light and viewing. Energy-efficient windows can reduce unwanted heat gain while still better allowing light to enter into a home.
- Reduction of furniture fading. Energy-efficient windows can allow natural light to come through, but at the same time, block solar rays that fade carpet, paintings and wood, according to the Florida Solar Energy Center.
For more information on the benefits of energy-efficient windows, click or tap here.
Watch the video below to learn more about the best options for you when it comes to energy-efficient windows.