CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The football career of Miami Hurricanes wide receiver Sam Bruce is over before it ever began.
Miami team spokesman Tom Symonds announced Monday that Bruce has been dismissed from the team "based on multiple violations of team rules."
Symonds said Bruce failed "to meet the clear expectations established to be a part of the Miami football program."
Bruce had been out indefinitely after suffering a non-football-related injury. He was already suspended for the first three games of the season for a violation of team rules.
The four-star prospect helped lead St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale to a state championship last season. He surpassed 1,300 career receiving yards and totaled 21 touchdowns during his time with the powerhouse high school football team.
"We wish Sam well with his future academic and football endeavors," Symonds said.