ESTERO, Fla. - Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School's ice hockey team won a state championship on Sunday.
The Eagles won twice to capture the state crown at the Germain Arena in Estero.
More Parkland School Shooting Headlines
- Who were the victims of the Parkland school shooting?
- Fort Lauderdale High School JROTC program pays tribute to victims of MSD…
- MLB releases Stoneman Douglas hats all 30 teams to wear
- Hundreds turn out to 'Run 4 Biegel' in memory of Parkland school shooting victim
- Parkland cadet victims to receive JROTC heroism medals
Marjory Stoneman Douglas beat Jesuit 7-4 after beating top-seeded East Lake 3-1 on Sunday morning to earn a spot in the title game.
The back-to-back wins come after Douglas lost two games Saturday in the tournament.
The title comes just 11 days after a mass shooting at the Parkland school took the lives of 17 people.
"No one was lacking energy in the locker room we all came to play we were all ready," Marjory Stoneman Douglas senior Matthew Horowitz said. "This wasn't for us. This was for the 17 victims."
The team received 17 medals, one for each member of the team.
They plan to bring them back to the school and use each to honor one of the victims.
Copyright 2018 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.