Cuba travel: Cultural treasures
Island has 7 must-see UNESCO World Heritage sites
HAVANA – Cuba has nine sites listed on the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization's world heritage list.
The list's criteria requires the site to be of "outstanding universal value." Seven of the Cuban sites have a cultural value and two -- the Granma and the Alejandro de Humboldt national parks -- have a natural value.
These are the sites with cultural value:
1. Old Havana and its fortification system
2. Trinidad and the Valley de los Ingenios
3. The San Pedro de la Roca Castle, in Santiago de Cuba
4. Viñales Valley
5. Archeological landscape of the first coffee plantations in the Southeast of Cuba
6. Urban historic center of Cienfuegos
7. The Historic Center of Camagüey
Copyright 2016 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.